LA MACHINE 3 MEGA
- Handmade in Europe
- 2 Year Warranty
- Free Shipping over €450
Extended tip & tail rocker
Skis Size Guide
Find your size with our expert advice video:
As explained in our video guide above, choosing the right ski length depends on a mix of different factors. On a basic level, height, weight and ability should give you a good idea of what length of ski you should go for.
As a rule of thumb, start with a ski around nose to eyebrow level height.
If you are just starting out, or at an intermediate level, then we suggest that you take some length off. If you’re a more advanced/expert skier, then we suggest you should push your ski length towards your full height or even further. If you are heavier than the average weight for your size, feel free to add some ski length as well.
Ski Size Charts:
|Skier Height (cm)||Skier Height (Feet'Inches)||
Go towards the lower end of our suggested range if:
- You’re a beginner or an intermediate looking to progress quickly.
- You want to make even quicker, shorter turns more easily.
- You will spend most of your time on hard snow.
- You have a cool head and like to keep the revs down.
- You’re so tall, none of our skis are long enough for you.
Go towards the higher end of our suggested range if:
- You ski pedal to the metal
- You’re skiing fast and aggressively in off-piste conditions.
- You weigh more than average for your height
- You plan to do most of your skiing off-piste
- You want to look like a FWT athlete in the lift line
If you’re still unsure after reading this size guide, please get in touch with us on our live chat and we’ll be happy to find the right length for you!
|tip width (mm)||132||132||132||132||132|
|waist width (mm)||109||109||109||109||109|
|tail width (mm)||124||124||124||124||124|
|weight per ski (g)||1480||1480||1530||1610||1690|
The Faction La Machine Mega boasts a slightly trimmer waist than the original La Machine ski. The lightweight paulownia wood core blended with full carbon layers make this a perfectly lightweight ski for any freetoruing adventure. With it's 109mm waist width, the La Machine Mega offers a versatile package for ample flotation on the deepest of days and nimble handling when the weather's high and dry. Its progressive, rockered shape allows for hook-free pivoting and surfing across all snow conditions you may encounter on your ski-touring adventures. Backed by the finest, most durable Austrian construction, powered 100% by renewable energy.
You'll love this ski if:
- You want extended tip and tail rocker for effortless turn initiation
- You need a super-light free-touring ski for long expeditions
- You need a floaty ski that easily surfs above variable snow conditions in the backcountry
- You want a premium, carbon-loaded ski for torsional strength on the downhill, without the bulk